AO’s one-time consultation benefits families who have important questions and believe they need answers but are uncertain about whether AO’s complete placement services are necessary at this time. The consultation is an opportunity for parents to learn more about our practice, assess our approach to guiding families, and determine whether placement is an appropriate path to pursue.
Our team will review all records provided prior to meeting with parents for the 2-hour in-person or virtual consultation.
- Thorough assessment of client’s past and current functioning
- Evaluation of student’s strengths, weaknesses, and areas of greatest difficulty
- Discussion of what it will take for the client to find success
- In-depth overview of private-pay program types, the supports offered in each, and who they best serve
- Answers to many of the questions parents have. Some of the most common ones are:
- How do I know it is time to make this move?
- How will I get my child/young adult to go?
- How much do schools/programs cost?
NOTE: Consultations are not suited for families in crisis who are in need of more immediate guidance and placement.